Thursday, September 29

All in a day's Thrift and my 100th post




This week’s all in a day’s thrift may be one of my favorite finds! I found two 1950s lithographs by the Artist by Maio who was popular for his beautiful paintings with girls and boys with huge lovely eyes. I bought them for Norah’s room to go with her other vintage big eyed prints that I now know are also works of Maio.  I love the prints that I found yesterday at this great thrift store in Chicago’s Roscoe Village because they were one  they were under four bucks and worth four times that and two so perfect for a little girl. I saw them out of the corner of my eye and just feel in instant love. I guess the 1950s and 1960s have become my daughter’s theme in her quaint little room. If had to do an art review of Maio’s work the first thing that comes to mind is that all of the paintings look like they are staring right at you!  I adore the colors and the clothing of the subjects as much as I enjoy the big old eyes. Truly one of the most unique finds I have made! 
xoxo, Jen 

p.s. this is my post number 100 !  


No comments:

Post a Comment